Re: stalls 101

seems to me that you are doing this entirely entirely all wrong.
you have to chase your horse down the hallway and leave a door open if a
stallion you will want to put him as far away from a mare in heat as
possible but you want that mare to be located towards the front of the
hallway so the horse has to pass her up. Ask for the farriers assistance and
insist the horse is off!! lots of hmmm and huhs? will help to insure that he
may have to think twice about his shoeing jobs.  Here is a good idea insist
that he walk the horse inside the stall then lock it up on him. I am sure
you don't want to loose this farrier so insist that it would be a great time
to BOND with your horses feet.
And yet another... claim sexual Harassment that he was watching you in a
sexual manner!! He may never be able to look you in the eye again but at
least he now has his eyes on the ground where your horses feet are.
I have to go and Write my farrier a Thank You note for doing a great job on
Haley and Ansata now. I adore my farrier and his sweet wife. He would have
probably offered to show you a way to properly put your horse in his stall
which in some cases may be how ever you can fit em!
Haley was stalled for some time. I would tell her to go in her house hold
the lead and let her turn around to face me so I could remove her halter.
Ansata I have to pull till I am nearly Parallel with the ground with some
one tapping her rump. Once she is in she is putty! She has a thresh hold
problem.
Carla (I spoil my farrier!)
Ansata ( I slobber on my farrier!)
Haley ( I am tolerant!)