New Trailer!!!!!

Karen Sweaney sweaney@lightspeed.net
Hi all!  This may not be a big deal to most of you,
but for some of you I am sure that you can relate!
My husband finally agreed to the purchase of a new
horsetrailer!  I have been asking, pleading, and
rationalizing for four years now, and he finally gave
the go ahead!

Initially we didn't have a truck big enough to pull a
trailer so that purchase was first.  In June, our
new truck arrived, much to hubby's delight.  We
bought a 2000 Ford Super Duty F250 with 4 wheel
drive and crew cab (4 doors).  I spent the
entire summer discussing a trailer purchase
with him and explaining why it was fair that
I get to spend thousands of OUR dollars to
benefit ME!  You can imagine why it took so
long to convince him!

Anyway, I finally ordered the trailer
on Tuesday!  Did I mention
that it is my first horsetrailer?  I have been
going to rides for nearly five years now
with my extremely generous friends!
Thank you Marci Cunningham, Mitchell family, and
Kathy Garner.

I ordered a GN two horse Trailswest with
rear tack and living quarters!  I can't believe
that I will now be able to shower,
open the frig, or cook something, all without
fighting the wind and bugs!  I have slept in
the back of the trailer and hunkered
down in a wind buffeted tent many times.  How
nice this is going to be!  I simply can't wait
to ride another gruelling 100 miles knowing that a
shower is waiting for me!

As with anything good, I still have to
wait a bit longer for it!  It'll be about
7 weeks before they deliver it to me.
I am hoping it'll be here in time for my
last ride on the season - Sunland.  If it
doesn't get here in time, it'll be ready for 2001!

Karen Sweaney