Re: RC: Re: Re: riding and calories...

My experience is similar to Trumans...  I tried the HRM on myself in the
biggest extended trot I could get out of one of my horses.  My BPM got
up to 105 and no more - even for several miles.  Not very aerobic at all.

Mike

Well turns out, as I felt while trotting on down the trial, it really isn't very
good aerobic exercise (of course unless they spook). I was running at a posting
trot at about 8 to 10 mph at what I would run on the treadmill walking at 2 mph.