Re: RC: Re: Re: riding and calories...

A couple years ago I had to get a physical for a visa to go work in Australia.
Since they require a pretty robust physical for this visa, I decided to get a
good physical with full lab work. I am normal is the good news. The first time I
was in we were talking about exercise and horse back riding came up. He said
that should be good exercise and I said that it sure didn't feel like it was
much exercise.  So we decided to put the HRM on me instead of the horse, since I
had his interest at this point.

Well turns out, as I felt while trotting on down the trial, it really isn't very
good aerobic exercise (of course unless they spook). I was running at a posting
trot at about 8 to 10 mph at what I would run on the treadmill walking at 2 mph.

He was actually very surprised since there seems to be a propular belief that
horseback riding is better exercise that it seems to be.

Truman