Re: RC: Re: Re: Tucker Saddles

Hi,

I must disagree strongly with Marilyn's post, IF she is referring to  the
English  Endurance model Tucker saddle.  I own such a saddle and present the
following facts:

1.  The saddle weighs 17 lb. unrigged
2.  It does not hurt your back as you are in a very balanced position with
your feet
     directly over your stirrups.  In fact when I purchased mine, my back
stopped being
      a source of pain for me.  My body was able to remain in a balanced
position at
      all gaits.
3.  The Tucker saddle was made to fit my horse's back.  He never exhibited
back
      pain either at vet checks or on training rides.
4.  The saddle has English rigging which I personally find more acceptable.
Could be
      because I have done it that way for 30 yrs(gr)
5.   The people at Tucker are not endurance riders, but when I was working
with
      them, they were very open to suggestion.  They were good about
adjustments
      after purchase too.

It is very possible that other models of the Tucker saddle are to be faulted
as you say, but the model I own is great.

Carol Wingate