Re: RC: cats & horses

At 02:44 PM 9/19/00 -0700, Kristine wrote:
>In the area where I am living, a farming community with a lot of open
>space, people are dumping animals right and left!!!!  This year alone our
>neighborhood has had over 80 cats dumped

I'd say go to the source.  If you shunt cats/critters off on rescue groups
it still won't stop the flow.  Get together with the neighbors who are also
fed up with the problem & see if you can put a reward fund together.  Then
post big, prominent signs around the neighborhood about the reward being
there for anyone who provides info leading to arrest & conviction of people
dumping critters.

It won't stop people from dumping, but it might stop them from dumping in
your neighborhood.  Once the problem is under control, the neighborhood can
either have itself a great party or else return all the money with interest.

You might also contact the local media about what you're doing.

I don't understand the mentality of people who dump/abuse animals - they
are sick and sickening.  Lif

             Lif & Paul Strand  STRAND ENTERPRISES www.fasterhorses.com
           Web Page Design * Computer Graphics * Internet Research * Fine Art
                 Blue-Green Algae & other complementary health options
HERITAGE ENDURANCE RACE June 9, 2001 - http://www.fasterhorses.com/race.html