Re: RC: Re: Re: Re: cats

In a message dated 9/20/00 7:11:21 AM Pacific Daylight Time,
tinka@reno.quik.com writes:

<< Unless I can find a rescue organization to help we "my neighbors and I"
are going to be forced to perhaps resort to the comment you thought was made
in jest.  Bellieve me, a shotgun shell would be a cleaner death than some of
the ones I see happening now! >>

Hi Kriss!  We had a similar problem happening at a beach park in Santa
Barbara when I lived there a number of years ago.  Several of the neighbors
formed a group and got donations from various sources.  Then they proceeded
to catch the wild cats, have them fixed (many of the local vets were willing
to donate their services) then set up kind of their own adoption agency for
the cats.  Granted, there were many who weren't adopted out, but they were
cared for with donated food and supplies.  From what I understand the
organization has grown quite a bit since I was there and works closely with
the local humane society to help cats who are abandoned.  You are right too,
if something can't be done to help these poor cats, euthanasia is the best
solution.  I know we all feel this way -- but HOW can someone just abandon an
animal like that?  Taking it to the nearest animal control agency would be
much kinder.

Sylvia (good luck and thank God you care :)