RE: Braveheart ponying tips/could become chiropractic

 usually one of mine decides to come to a complete halt, legs planted,
and if you make the mistake of  clucking,,,well the other one takes off.
Its better to carry a longish (dressage?) whip, and if you see a suspicious
slowing down on someones part (usually the ponied,not the ridden) reach back
and give them a tap.  On wide trails, like fire roads, I like to keep the
ponied horse up by my leg, to protect my poor shoulder!

We usually go ponying in pairs, making the ponied horse the minority. Last
time, we took my 18 mo old colt out with his mom and Dory. I rode Dory just
behind and to one side of him. If he even thought about stopping all I had
to do was loosen the rein and Dory'd give him a good nip on his little pink
butt. We were lucky that we had the desert to let him run in and if we
stopped, he ran back to Mom and nasty Aunt Dory.

Maryanne Stroud Gabbani
Cairo, Egypt
gabbani@starnet.com.eg
www.ratbusters.net