Toc's show

Just a quick note to thank everyone for the good wishes for the show, and to say that it went very well.  Toc didn't put a foot out of place the whole day - despite the attentions of a pissy mare desperate to get him behind the bicycle sheds for a quickie, and an overwrought stallion.

He worked in the warmup arena with other horses around and didn't act up.  He was a little tense in the first test, but so was I, but his second test was lovely - he was active, obedient and rhythmic throughout, and received some lovely comments from the judge.

The XC was, shall we say, exuberant?  Unfortunately, coward here held him too much at first, resulting in a couple of stops early on, but once I got my courage back, and let him go, he flew around without even looking at anything.  He was so keen, in fact, that he tried to jump one of the jumps backwards as I took him too close to it on the way past!

The best part of the show, however, was his behaviour : happy, calm, and really enjoying himself.

Tracey

PS PG placed 4th in class 1 - that rosette didn't mean nearly as much to me as Toc's improved behaviour, but I'm still proud of PG, anyway.