RE: RC: Chiropractors

Ya know, used to go to a chiropracter, one who is probably
pretty close to what Duncan was complaining about, who
gave free exams with x-rays. Told me subluxations, causes
"dis-ease."

I went to him for three months, 3X a week.  I would just
go into there, crunch, crunch, leave. About 2 minutes of
treatment.  Didn't know anything different.
Charged me more per session than my current chiropractor.
Seemed that I didn't change much from treatment to treatment.

I changed jobs, changed address, went to a different
chiropractor.  I would spend an hour at her office,
but that was okay.  I would get a heat pack, get hooked
up with electrodes to some machine (I am embarassed that
I really don't know what it's called!) I take a nice
nap with some really mellow music with a little water
fountain gurgling in the corner.  Then the treatment
would be pretty intensive for about 15 minutes at least,
followed up by a massage or ice pack or just plain rest.
The adjustments hold a lot better and if I do my excercises
(which I generally am bad at doing) I go in about 3-6 months
for a "tuneup".   All this without X-Rays.  And I definitely
felt relief from the adjustment.

Dr. Nancy Elliott never X-Rayed my horse the 2 times she
treated him.  She's a competent practitioner.

I don't believe that X-Rays = competence in chiropractic
treatment.  I think that some chiropractors use it as
a sales tool!

I agree with you that everything is connected.  I suspect
that treatment of ear infections by chiropractic has something
to do with drainage of the sinus cavity being improved by
adjustment, but I would still go to an MD for an infection!

K.