Re: RC: Re: Re: RC Three important questions to think about

In a message dated 9/14/00 8:21:44 AM Pacific Daylight Time, tracey@tbt.co.za
writes:

<< 1.  Check to see if the horse has eaten from his hay net.  Check hydration.
 Offer him water.  Check his colour and temp and pulse.  Call the vet, and
 walk the horse while I waited for the vet to arrive.

 2.  I use nothing until the vet's been : don't want to mask symptoms.  Just
 keep him quiet.

 3.  I don't use meds, but yes, I'd tell him if I had. >>

Pretty good answers, Tracey.  I'd add one thing to #1.  If you are arriving
on Friday, and the ride is Saturday--scratch your entry!  This horse does NOT
have enough time for his GI tract to get back to normal in time to do an
endurance ride!  (Or any other strenuous athletic event for that matter....)

Heidi