Re: RC: Re: Re: RC Three important questions to think about

><< 1.  Check to see if the horse has eaten from his hay net.  Check
hydration.
> Offer him water.  Check his colour and temp and pulse.  Call the vet, and
> walk the horse while I waited for the vet to arrive.
>
> 2.  I use nothing until the vet's been : don't want to mask symptoms.
Just
> keep him quiet.
>
> 3.  I don't use meds, but yes, I'd tell him if I had. >>
>
>Pretty good answers, Tracey.  I'd add one thing to #1.  If you are arriving
>on Friday, and the ride is Saturday--scratch your entry!  This horse does
NOT
>have enough time for his GI tract to get back to normal in time to do an
>endurance ride!  (Or any other strenuous athletic event for that
matter....)

Thanks, Heidi.  Gee, amazing what you can learn from RC.  And, yes, I would
scratch.  Actually, I wouldn't even think about it - probably very rude to
the organizers, but I'd be worrying too much about my horse even to consider
it.  That's why I keep Mark around!

Tracey