Re: ridecamp-d Digest V00 #1471

In a message dated 9/14/2000 4:12:39 AM Eastern Daylight Time,
ridecamp-d-request@endurance.net writes:

<< I am in Ohio and I have titled and registered by horse trailer (34 foot,
5H with
 LQ) as a "house vehicle"...same as "travel trailer" or "house trailer" in
many
 states.  I also had lettering put on my trailer stating that is is
registered as
 a recreational travel trailer.  I, so far, have zipped by weight station and
no
 one has chased me ( I tow with w Freightliner, so LOOK like a
tractor/trailer). >>

Forgot to mention you are driving under a Montana license.  Jerry Fruth also
pulls with a Big Truck and he got stopped in Georgia this year and told he
could not move until he got a driver with a CDL.  My point is just because
you are "legal" does not automatically mean you will not be stopped and held
by state cops.  My rig is a RV redesigned to be a horse trailer and I have
been stopped for not pulling in a weigh station.  Beware Kansas....they
stopped me this year and searched because of the "suspicious" bags on the top
on my trailer.  Duh.....hay in the "hay rack"  Go figure.

Susan