Re: RC: Endurance as a team sport

Sbeseda@aol.com wrote:

> My first try at the details would be 4 or 3 riders per team over a season.
> A team must declare and enter at least 3 races as a team to qualify
> as a team. The mileage earned by each team member count towards
> individual miles and team miles.
>
> In each race, the first 3 riders of a team to finish count towards the
> team's placing.
>
> I like this one: Once a team has qualified the entry fee for the team
> would be less than the total of the rider's entry fee as individuals.
>
> Scott

Hi group,

such a team-competition is done at the ELDRIC (yes, again such a
FEI-related-thing ;-) ). The ELDRIC was formerly the European Long Distance
Rides Conference, but is know the Endurance and Long Distance Rides Conference.
So now ELDRIC-rides are held worldwide. Four individuals can declare as team and
then the results of these individuals (for one year) are counting towards the
team competition.
At several rides here in Europe we have team placings where again 3 or 4
individuals declare as a team (similar to what happens at Championships).
Endurance as a team sport - nothing new for Europe :-))) Maybe, but just maybe,
the USA can learn a bit from us here in Europe :-))) And also maybe, but again
just maybe, the AERC can learn from the ELDRIC and/or FEI a bit :-))))

Wolfgang
Germany/Europe