Endurance as a team sport

Susie wrote:
>Having AERC provide a division/awards for team competitions would be a big
>step.  A committee would have to draft a set of rules to define what makes a
>"team": I see lots of room for discussion there!

My first try at the details would be 4 or 3 riders per team over a season.
A team must declare and enter at least 3 races as a team to qualify
as a team. The mileage earned by each team member count towards
individual miles and team miles.

In each race, the first 3 riders of a team to finish count towards the
team's placing.

I like this one: Once a team has qualified the entry fee for the team
would be less than the total of the rider's entry fee as individuals.

Scott