Haylidge/Silage

If Haylidge is harvested similar to Silage I would believe that Haylige will
ferment.There for causing some serious gasses to form.
Silage will ferment because it is put up wet or green it is not allowed to
dry out. It rots in the silo or in an underground pit where it is covered
with a tarp. Whew even serving this stuff to cows will make you drunk.
Also it has a tendency to mold. I am not familiar with the stomach make up
of cows but I do know that they sure can handle a hell of alot of weird
stuff than horses can. Such as moldy hay, feed, afterbirth, and an
occasional saddle or tire (I lost a great saddle to a cow eating it! the
tires beats the snot out of me!)
I have never fed haylidge to horses much less cows Sooo someone care to
explain to me what the stuff is?
But I can educate you on Silage. has an awesome smell come harvest and will
make you higher than a california redwood when it is time to feed it out. I
am not sure what is worse.. the smell or the drain off! yuk
Carla *singing Merle Haggard* (sing me back home)
Ansata (eating tires??? I knew it they are aliens!)
Haley (oh the moldy hay is the worst!)
Rob (afterbirth???) *thud*