Supplements, was thumps

I have some questions.  Are you surprised? <g>

I've never fed anything like that (ABC/Rushcreek minerals, etc.).  Just
wondering why they would be needed, and if they are needed do a lot of
horses need them?

How would you know -- would the horses have problems?  What show up in the
bloodwork?  You've seen one of my horses bloodwork -- he's obviously
healthy and I've never felt the need to supplement anything, other than
E/Se (since we're low here).  I don't even feed alfalfa except at
rides.  They do have free choice salt and also salt with minerals.

So what I'm getting at, is why do so many people think they need to feed
their horses that stuff?  Do the horses really need it, or does it just
make the owners happy?   At one of the KER seminars I went to, they showed
how most of these supplements are a total waste.  It's sure easy to see in
a graph format.  I'm sure a lot of the supplement people don't like them
either.  :+D