Re: Re: thumps

I know Susan's stance re: ABCs product has not always been a popular one.
They do have some good products that I believe in but you also pay a pretty
price for them.  In defense of Susan, I happened to have an old sample of
Rushcreek mineral with the label on it....here are some of the things in it
that might make the horse gobble it up whether they need it or not...
wheat middlings
alfalfa meal
corn germ meal
soybean oil
fish meal
dried whole milk
oatmeal
dried tomato pomace
vinegar
diatamaceous earth (my horses LOVE this stuff)
peppermint
violet leaves
garlic
horseradish
parsley
dandelion (my horses WON'T eat these)
geranium
ginger
juniper berries
hops
licorice clover
These are just SOME of the things listed....I didn't include the minerals
and vitamins listed just the "extra" things...The analysis is
Calcium min 8% max 9.5%
Sodium min 2% max 2.5%
Phosphorus min 7% no max
Copper 2500 ppm
Selenium .20 ppm
zinc 500 ppm
vitamin A 2000 IU/lb
I don't know if they list the ingredients in order of their quanitity in the
product or not but wheat middlings was 2nd.
Just for your information and to perhaps shed some light on the subject.  My
horses LOVE Rushcreeck Mineral but they also do just as well with Purina
12:12 at a fraction of the cost.
Maggie