Re: RC: Re: Chiropractors

In a message dated 9/12/00 10:08:03 AM Pacific Daylight Time,
fasterhorses@gilanet.com writes:

<< Now *that's* a Chinese method I wouldn't want to experience!  Did you make
 that up, Tom?>

Nope. A bunch of vets went to China to "study" eastern medicine, and this was
part of the report they brought back. That particular animal (a donkey) died,
despite the miraculous treatment.

 >Tom also wrote:
 >Have you read any double-blind papers on acupuncture? Do you know what
 >they all find? It's the equivalent of a very mild local anasthetic--and
 >that's all.

 Hmmm.  Had acupuncture years ago.  Hated it.  Seemed to have absolutely no
 anasthetic properties at all for me.  In fact, I experienced the opposite -
 I felt like a bit of electrical current being run directly into my
 nerves.  Kind of like what it feels when you hit your funny bone.  I didn't
 like that at all.  No needles for me.>

Must have missed the "energy pathway" and hit a nerve instead. Lucky you
didn't get hurt.

 >Tom further wrote:
 >they still stick formadehyde in the brains of girl babies as they are
 >being born. Klingon medicine.

 Slurs on Klingons?  Really low blow.  Lif

That was a quote from the latest Tom Clancy novel. Plagiarism.

ti