strange telephone call

I had the most strange telephone call tonight. A man called and introduced himself.   He asked if I owned Orion.  I said yes and he asked if I wanted to sell him,that he was looking for good endurance horses.  I told him no that I was not interested and he said "Really?, at any price?"  I said not at any price. And he again questioned my answer. He said why? and I told him that he just wasn't for sale.  He asked how old he was and I told him 18 and he chuckled and said that he WAS a bit old to sell.  That wasn't the point but to him it said it all.
  He called from the 302 area code and I think that is New York or New Jersey, but I was amazed with the call.  I have never had a stranger call my home and ask something like that.  Then he asked me if I knew any one that wanted to sell their endurance horses, or if I had any others I'd sell. I said no to both.
Anyway consider this a heads up, I have no idea how he got my number but assume he was calling people that are currently in the Endurance News regional standings.

Joy in Virginia