Re: RC: generators

It's
> gonna be so nice to have a cool place to get out of
> this Texas heat.

I think you'd need a generator to get your trailer cool...but think about
it...you get cool in the trailer and then your body can't handle the heat
in the race...besides, how much visiting do you get to do holed up in
your trailer?  The same goes for heat.  Shade and campfires are great
places to visit.  When I interviewed Otis Schmitt DVM for EN I asked him
what's different now from when he started vetting rides.  He said the
horses aren't that different, the riders aren't that different, but
nobody wants to visit.  Everybody's got a big heated trailer and nobody
wants to hang around the campfire any more.  Since I'm pretty much the
last person to leave the campfire...and I camp in the back of a 2 horse
maybe he's right.  I'm actually considering asking for no generators
PERIOD at my next ride.  By the way, we owned a generator at home for
awhile, since our well cut off every time a storm took out the power, but
I never considered taking it camping.

P.S. Out of all the gorgeous rigs at BSF this weekend...LOTS of aluminum,
several semis, etc. etc. the overall BC horse, high vet,top 10 all three
days was "Goat" camping
in a gray 2 horse trailer...the winner Saturday, "Majik" camped in a gray
2 horse trailer, and of course my little "First Junior" was in a gray 2
horse trailer. Probably the only 2-horse trailers on the grounds. Maybe
we all train more because we're used to being uncomfortable.>g<

Angie

Angie
Juno now offers FREE Internet Access!
http://dl.www.juno.com/get/tagj.