Re: RC: [Fwd: Training ride today]

I appreciate your input, the non jointed Kimberwick I use does not cause any
other problem with him, he takes it just fine, doesn't throw his head any other
time except when I mentioned, and when I disconnect the bit from the halter
bridal he still holds the bit in his mouth and I have to tug on it for him to
release it.  Go figure that one.

Farafix@aol.com wrote:

> Don,
>
> I must have overlooked your original post, but noticed in your reply to
> Colleen that you mentioned you use a ported Kimberwicke bit ---- that could
> make your horse throw it's head up (it sounded like head throwing was a
> problem).  Putting a martingale on the horse might make it feel really
> trapped.
> My Arabs are pretty sensitive in the mouth --- I've had good luck with a
> broken kimberwicke (like a snaffle with a curb chain), but the ported
> Kimberwicke doesn't work well with them --- might work ok with another horse,
> however!!!
> Excuse this if I mis-interpreted the problem you're having.
>
> Nancy
> Md
begin:vcard
n:Pollock;Don & Linda
x-mozilla-html:FALSE
version:2.1
email;internet:donp@dcr.net
note:JR- OOH DADDY,  boy them hills are tuff but I love 'um.
adr;quoted-printable:;;Oak Hill Farm=0D=0A1400 Birdie Road;Lawrenceburg;Kentucky;40342;
fn:Don & Linda Pollock & JR n Bay Star
end:vcard