Re: Jihad

At 12:18 AM 9/9/00 +0000, you wrote:
>Hi'
>   Good grief! Ridecamp sure took off on this one<G> I never said it was a
>problem. I SAID I was puzzled. It was just something new that he had never
>done before. It occured to me later that these were the first rides that I
>had given oral electrolites. Jihad hates salt, won't touch the stuff
>voluntarily. Could the lather under the collar/bridle be excess salts? At
>home, he really has to be pushed to work up a sweat other than under the
>saddle. Hold on, I BET it's the excess foam from the beer in his beet
>mash<LOL>!

He doesn't usually sweat? That in it's self could be a problem-giving him
the electrolytes may have stimulated the sweat and, if
he hadn't been sweating, protein may have accumulated
in the glands-just a guess. Again,
the "white" component to sweat is protein-whether from the
glands (released in response to stress of some sort) or
rubbed from the skin (that's why horses tend to lather
only under their tack or between their hind legs).

Was he acting otherwise normal? BTW-loved the photos-
you guys were definitely having a good time.

Sarah (who perfers wine) and Fling (I'm the designated driver!)