Re : LD

Heidi wrote "
Certainly.  But when you take the kids from the Special Olympics and line
them up at the starting line in Sydney, you will be just as abusive to them

as you would be to run the LD horses on Tevis who "need" to be in LD due to

lack of conditioning, lack of ability, handicapped or unprepared rider, or
whatever.  LD is LD.  Endurance is defined as 50 miles or more, and with
good
reason.  Words have precise meanings.  Training level is not Grand Prix.
LD
is not endurance.  Day is not night and summer is not winter.  Yes, we are
all participating in the same thing, but honesty about one's level is not a

slam.  It is merely the truth.

Excellent post Heidi , how many of you guy's remember the 25 and 30 mile
horse races of the late 70's and early 80's ??Sorry but I remember them too
well ! Been there , done that , don't even want to think about going back
to them .
                                 Drin Becker
                                Mtn. Region