Re: RC: Maryben's Message

In a message dated 9/10/00 12:35:44 PM Central Daylight Time, Dbeverly4
writes:

<< Yeah, but wasn't the original concept of LD one of training a young horse
for endurance?  So you could start a 4 year old in LD (slowly) and then move
up to 50s when he was 5?  My 4 year old wasn't ready for LD until he was 5
(he's a late bloomer), but I wouldn't want to eliminate that possibility for
other 4 year olds who are ready.

 Sylvia >>
Very good point and I can not disagree.
I wish I had the correct answer for 4 compared to 5. But I do not think
anyone has. Kind of a double edged sword. Some are ready when they are 4 some
are not and some are past ready when they are 5
but what about taking the year between 4 and 5 and making sure they are ready
by a concerted training effort
those that are not ready will be the better for it
those that are ready will that much farther ahead in their training and
conditioning
just some random thoughts.
Bill