beet pulp during rides

>>Was just reading an article about beet pulp, and said it is very good to
feed beet pulp during competition?  Was curious, because I don't feed beet
pulp until after the race...Thought I'd bring this to RC.
            Kori Byrd & Nantyka's April

Here's my favorite during-ride recipe. All of my horses love it
and eat every last bite, and many others whose horses would eat
little during holds have also started offering it with great success.

Soak oats or COB (corn/oats/barley) overnight.
Soak beet bulp overnight.
Mix some soaked grain and beetpulp together at the hold and
throw in a cup or two of rice bran.

The relative amounts of grain and beetpulp can vary - depending
upon what your horse likes, or how much grain or fiber you want
him to have -  but the rice bran seems to be the real kicker. And
my horses like it pretty sloppy, so they slurp while they're eating it.

I've tried lots of other recipes, this is consistently the most
favored.

This is also a good pre-race feed (3-4 hours) since they get
so much moisture in their system. And I can add a couple
ounces of electrolytes (esp Perf & Win) to the mix and they
don't object.

Steph