Re: RC: hills and NATRC

NATRC is a great place for riders who loved showing but also like getting
out on the trail... it's VERY rules oriented because NATRC is a judged
event, and it's hard to differentiate between the participants without
having all of these "rules" that make sense under some circumstances but
not all...

NATRC often attracts people who take "riding rules" to an extreme, which
is why I don't do it often... I like most of the folks, but have trouble
taking it seriously. Frankly, it makes me crazy!

There's a lot to be learned from it... but, as an old cowboy taught me,
"Ride your own ride"... ride the horse between your legs today, not the
horse you rode yesterday, not all of the horses that someone you know has
ridden.  Take the good advice that you need now, and file the rest.

Linda