hills and NATRC

Subject: Re: Pulling up hills and muscles

Is there a NATRC rule saying that we are only to walk our horses up
and downhill?  This lady insists that we only walk on hills and I
thought she said it was a rule.  Now...when we are riding in groups,
it is sort of a "take care of each other" mentality.  One goes up
first (but she insists on walk) and then the next and so on.  We also
provide what she calls "a landing" for the next rider.  Waiting just
past the top or bottom of the hill and planting our horse so as to
block the horse in front of us from running away with its rider.
Now...all this stuff is new to me.  I have never ridden this way in my
life...but I've also ridden alone most of my life.  So...I just
figured she knew stuff I didn't.  However, the more I read from this
list and others, the more I think that she's made up her own rules.
Shannon
"If the grass is always greener on the other
side of the fence.....try watering your yard!"