Re: RC: A tragic story-(sorry it's so long)

Jenny JDrumm930@cs.com
<<There were ditches on both sides of the road--50 feet
away from the riders when they were hit, as I remember>>

Think about it- the truck was going 60 when it rear-ended these people. That would knock them mostly forward....... parallel to the road, not perpendicular to it. It is doubtful that there was 50 ft of open space beside the road, or any road for that matter; if there was, the riders would certainly have used it.

<<It will be
interesting to hear your side of the story when you're the driver, sober or
not>>

Maybe it's OK with you if people drive drunk, but please don't insult me, you don't know me. I don't drink & drive- in fact, I don't drink at all.

You know, when I first posted this subject, I only intended to remind other horse people to be alert to the dangers when riding near the roadway. I did not plan to get involved in an argument- I just thought people on a horse forum would care I have no intention of continuing an argument either- sorry I bothered you guys.

Jenny