children's saddles

Sally Hafkemeyer hafke7@netins.net
I would like to know what those of you
with children use for saddles.  My
9 yr son, 60 lbs, has been riding CTR
for the last couple years.  He has been
using a childrens/youth size western saddle.
The stirrups tend to be too far forward,
and I can tell it makes posting more difficult for
him.

What are other young riders out there using?
Anyone have experience with either the
Thorogood or Wintec child's saddles?  What
would be appropriate Engish seat size for him?

My son tells me he's ready to do 50's with me,
which should be fun (?), and I'd like to make him
as comfortable as possible :>)

TIA, Sally H.