Re: RC: Is my mentor an idiot? :o)

horseplay@ratedg.com writes:

<<  She swears it frees up their back end to push.  What are
 your opinions on this? >>

Try going up a steep hill both ways and see what happens.  First try sitting
on your horse (not like a sack of potatoes, but in a modified 2 point), then
try the actual 2 point.  Which way FEELS better?  Does the horse seem to be
able to move better in one or the other?  I find with both my Arabs that the
2 point position seems to help them push up a steep hill.  Of course, it took
my youngster (fresh of the race track) a while to realise that the 2 point
didn't mean GOOOOOOOO!!!! :)   When you're 2 pointing you shouldn't be way
over the horse's forehand you should still be able to be more or less
centered and balanced.  People frequently OVER do it and then it does make
things harder for the horse.  One other thing..... if you disagree with
something your mentor is telling you, don't assume that its an NATRC "thing".
 ;)

Sylvia