Re: RC: Re: Climate and Altitude changes

suendavid@worldnet.att.net writes:

<< The research at Cal Poly demonstrated that horses are very good at adapting
 to altitude changes, semi-instantly.  >>

That was my experience also the two times that I took Harca to high altitude
rides (one in the Rockies and one in Utah).  HE didn't have ANY trouble -- I,
however, was dying and gasping for breath.  Trotting your horse (especially
when he's frisky) for the vets takes on a whole new level of challenge that
way!!  Too bad the human part of the team isn't as adapable :)

Sylvia