Re: RC: RE: RE: AERC & International & FEI

In a message dated 09/06/2000 9:46:22 AM Pacific Daylight Time, Tivers writes:

<< If not, then the FEI is, by default, the only international player. And
if, as the only international player, the FEI decides that its parties have a
dress code, then those who want to attend better go shopping.

 Is that primitive enough?

FEI was established long before the USA ever thought of endurance.  It is the
only international player because it's been there so long there's no changing
or going back now.  And you're right about dress code, but only for FEI
events.  AERC events don't have a dress code, and while I believe in helmets
wholeheartedly, I also believe in an individual's right to choose for
himself.  That's pretty primitive.....

Barbara