RE: RE: RE: AERC & International & FEI

I'm not thinking about International competition (yet) for myself,
but if and when I do, I would like to have a choice.  I pulled up the FEI
calendar on the web and there is only ONE ride in the States listed, (Ft.
Valley, VA)
compared to 15 rides in Europe for the remainder of the year.
If Teddy is correct that FEI rules are not that hard achieve compliance,
then why not start cross-sanctioning 100 mile rides?

I just looked at the AERC ride calendar and there are 21 1-day
100 mile rides within the next 12 months.  Think how grand it would
be if OD and Tevis would be FEI rides.  Don't they already have
a few international riders? Even if "nobody comes" from overseas,
the ride will be on the FEI calendar and we will be an international
presence.

Here is the a quip from the AERC International website:

"Hidden benefits to AERC:

International riding is helping to make it cost effective for ride managers
to keep their 100-mile rides alive. So say ride managers. The best way to
develop a talented 100-mile horse/rider team is for that team to do 100-mile
rides. Period. Only the best 100-mile horse/rider teams represent the United
States at PAC’s and WEC’s.

AERC is a player in the world of endurance through the work its members
perform as FEI Championship ride officials, riders, team staff,
veterinarians and as members of the AHSA, USET and FEI committees.

In large part because endurance became a USET discipline, a wide variety of
horse magazines now feature articles on endurance riders and some of our big
rides. This is good for the growth of the sport and good for our sponsors."

In my mind, the United States already has Olympic caliber riders and rides.
Really, when you think about it, foreigners should want to come to the U.S.
to train for endurance - just as Grand Prix riders train in Europe.  Didn't
the U.S. kinda invent the endurance sport?

Why is it such a stretch of imagination for people to think globally?
Instead of moaning and groaning about the "FEI being owned by the UAE", then
why don't we start becoming the movers and shakers within FEI?  Somehow
somewhere in all the fray someone(s) already posted something to that
affect,
so I'm just repeating.....

Kathy