Re: RC: Feeding A Young Horse

At 07:22 PM 09/06/2000 -0700, Colleen Kirkpatrick wrote:
>Is there anyone out there who knows a thing or to about this sort of thing?

There might be! <BG>

Have you asked Susan G?

If you want to come over, I'll show you what I'm feeding her horse.  He's
4......16hh and growing. Anglo/Arab.....beautiful horse.  Anyways, he's
here because he wasn't getting the best care where he was at (and I guess
Susan has seen my horses enough times to know they ain't exactly
skinny).......he's really been putting the weight back on.  He looks just
fantastic!  http://members.xoom.com/ridephotos/dakota/dakotabucket.html

This is what I'm feeding him:

Beet Pulp.  10 # a day.  broken up into two feedings.  5 pounds soaked
fills up a full 5 gallon bucket.
4 pounds of LMF, broken up into 2 feedings
2 cups of Fat Pak
Grass hay, about 20...errrr....more like 25 pounds (per day)

Kinda funny, I was just searching to see if I could find pelleted
BP.  Nobody around here carries it or can get it.  I turned this up:
http://www.shady-acres.com/susan/squirrel.shtml  <VBG>

At the rate he's going, he'll be getting reduced (read NORMAL) rations
soon.  lol  Probably end up on the Weaver diet soon :P.