Little Angel

oh boy have you all heard the "little girl" song By John Michael Montgomery.
Well I have to tell you my story that happened recently.
Shameless Plug Warning...I with my hubby Robert own Two Domino's Pizza
stores here in Kentucky. One store is located in Central City the other in
the town we live in Russellville. I am currently working in the Russellville
Location. I recently had to take a delivery to a customer that lived wayyyyy
out. She had ordered two small pepperoni pizzas. One of my employees made a
rather snide remark about the living conditions, so Carla who often wears
her heart on her sleeve made two large pepperoni Pizzas instead. (oops!! I
really need to pay more attention!) I heard more comments as I left to take
my delivery getting worse and worse. I had yet to say anything. But my
patience was running very thin at this point.
I get to the trailer and low and behold a site I will never forget, simply
because there were so many children!! Kids always get excited over pizza,
NOTHING could contain this excitement. 9 children playing in a dirt yard. I
believe all kids should have green grass to play in! the usual several
broken rusty cars. All the kids were screaming at me... Let me carry the
pizza...and the usual pushing and shoving of siblings. With an exception of
one little girl wearing a simple blue linen dress,very old and rather dirty.
She followed behind me. Her siblings ignored her It was pizza time. Mom came
out with a twenty..She was expecting again and there were two holding onto
her legs. If there was one tooth in her head I didn't see it. I guess the
part that really infuriated me was her smoking....and pregnant. She yelled
at the kids to get into the house and shut the hell up. I looked sheepishly
and said Oh I am so sorry I made two larges instead of two small, But it is
still the same price,Sure no problem. I hand her the pizzas in the flurry of
arms wanting to touch it. She yelled again for them to get the hell out of
the way. I counted the money and
started to turn to my truck when I felt two little arms holding onto my
waist. The little girl in the blue linen dress was hugging me and said. "I
love you pizza lady."
For once in my life it was time standing still. I would swear I was hugged
by an angel. It came to a crashing halt with "Get the hell in here and leave
the woman alone." I replied "she wasn't bothering me I don't get hugged
often." but instead my obedient little angel went inside to eat pizza I made
for her.I was glad I made her two large pizzas. I wish I could have brought
my little blonde blue eyed angel home with me, I would love to buy her a
pony to ride and watch her grow up to be a beautiful woman. I had to really
hold back tears when I left, By the time I reached the highway I was in full
bawl. By the time I was at the store I was fully angry and let me tell you
the employees were very quite when I finished with them about Judging people
where they live. I finished by saying you may think you know where you are
going.. but, you never know if you could be delivering to an angel.
I had to share...
Carla *thinking of my little angel*
Ansata (I would let her ride on my back)
Haley ( I would give her plenty horse slobbers!)
Rob (Could I teach her golf?)
lawyer (author will not be held responsible for flooding.)