Re: RC: Conditioning for 100 milers

In a message dated 8/31/00 9:04:51 PM Pacific Daylight Time,
DESERTRYDR1@aol.com writes:

<< Hi Sarah, there is a column in the August Trailblazer (which I just got
 today) called CHATTING WITH THE CHAMPIONS.  Darla Westlake, Judith Ogus,
 Linda Crandall and Connie Walker answered a question about training, and the
 answers really surprised me.  Some don't condition any more than I do for
 LD--two three times a week, relatively short rides. >>

I might be mistaken here, but I think Sarah was kind of asking a rhetorical
type question.  She obviously has conditioned a horse for a very difficult
100 miler (the OD) and was successful.  I think she was pointing out (at
least it appeared so for me) that you don't have to ride the beejeezus out of
your horse to do a 100 miler.  I happen to agree with Sarah and  have found
that to be true for my horse over his 6 Tevis finishes.

Sylvia