CONDITIONING ALONE

> the conditioning (for me) has been some of the best part.  Beautiful
country, trotting along all alone with my mare.  Sure doesn't seem like
work.  Although those familiar trails can be a challenge - mare gets bored
more easily than I.  She's probably smarter than I am!  I'm fortunate to
have so many trails to choose from.  Haven't been bored yet!   And the hell
with human companionship.  Well, for those hours, anyway.>

Mmmhmm.  At the risk of delving into the esoteric for a minute, it's the
closest I've ever felt to God.  To hell with win or lose, or even playing
the game, there's no greater rush than competing against yourself in terms
of conditioning better each time, and getting off, looking at your horse and
thinking "I did that.  What he is today, what he can do today, is because
I'm doing it RIGHT!"

And Summer's here for us, so as soon as this dratted exam is out of the way,
my fitness training starts.

Tracey