Conditioning alone

Maggie wrote:

>I think conditioning alone sometimes is necessary and vital to a horse's
training...the horses get too caught up in the buddy system sometimes so we
have had to take them out alone and sometimes in opposite directions.  >

No arguments from me, but I think that you have to have a blend of both.
The discussion recently about the stallion's heart rate being a concern at
rest stops indicates how important it is that your horse gets used to being
around other horses, but overcoming nappiness is something you can only
really do alone.

Tracey