Re: RC: FEI Endurance

In a message dated 8/30/00 6:02:52 AM Pacific Daylight Time,
Teddy@runningbear.com writes:

<< For a nation that is SUPPOSED to be the land of the
 free and the home of the brave, it seems like we are nurturing ego,
 prejudice and control!!!!! >>
Amen to THAT! I am tired of pandering to the wimpy, the lazy, the uninformed,
the selfish, the thin-skinned......sigh! Why can't people just grow up and
tend to their own lives in a way that neither opposes freedoms nor steps on
the toes of others? I could care LESS if someone wants to go to France or
wherever, so long as it does not abridge my desire to go to ....San Diego.:)
We have a country full of wussies raising another generation of wussies - all
who apparently need someone ELSE to be devalued so that THEY can build their
"self-esteem". Well guess what folks? You don't GIVE self-esteem - you EARN
it by your choices, behaviors and relationships. I don't WANT my kids to feel
good about a pat on the back for average work, nor do I want them to be
judged as a group - group GRADES, group assignments.....sigh!

So go to France...go to Egypt...we LOVE going to San Diego, Arroyo Grande,
Tahoe.....wherever our comfort zone is. As my hubby says, your right to swing
your fist ends where my nose begins. No skin off others' noses, go ahead.
(That includes HORSES' noses by the way). Of course don't demand that we pay
for your trip either unless you want to pay for ours! THAT is part of freedom
too!