haleys itchies

while back posted about haley and the sores in her mane. yep it was ticks.
so today hoping to ride had to cancel my back went out so instead of riding
thought I would spend some time on the gound. Walking is great for my back
when I can't ride. so with the help of hubby we gave them some baths with
flea and tick shampoo.
the ticks came pouring out. Boy did I feel like a bad mom!! So we did all
that and I put some conditioner on them it has been horribly dry here and
humid. hosed her off really good and let her dry off. she was actually
quite relieved!! we sprayed them down with fly stuff wormed her really good
(zymectrin) and sent them to roll (of course) so for a period of 15 minutes
she was shiny and clean!! tick free and good to roam.
side note Haley was severly ear twitched before we bought her. I can now rub
her ears till she nearly wants to fall asleep. Such a sweetie!!
Carla (next week we ride! or I am gonna bute myself!!)
Ansata (I feel so coolllll)
haley (oh mom I am putty in your hands when you rub my ears!)
Rob (the ticks are off haley... and on us!!!!)
lawyer (same blah dif email...$400 please)