Arab Cross/Tall Horses

Hi,

Following the Dubai WEC in December 1998, I tried to compile a list and
percentages of completions for the types of horses which had competed.
I posted my results on Ridecamp and perhaps someone with better search
skills than mine could find that information in the Archives.

As I recall, the highest percentage of completions was for Anglo-Arabs.
More Arabs than any other type competed but they did not have the
highest percentage of completions.  The results were tainted by the fact
that several horses' types were not listed and I was unable to ever
determine the background for them.  BUT for those that were reported,
the Anglo-arabs did very well, the Part breds (whatever that means) did
about the same as the arabs and the non arabs did worse than the arabs.

Statistically, there are not enough of the "other than purebred arabs"
to really rely on the figures but after seeing some these horses, I was
interested in the results so I compiled what was available.

Joane and the Herd
Price, Utah

PS: For the lady who mentioned the Arab/Trakehner cross.  My Silver is
one of the most versatile horses around and she is 1/2 and 1/2.  She is
a Canadian Dressage Champion, does very well for Grandpa in Endurance,
jumps beautifully, chases cows (and at 16.2 can be a heading horse for
roping), has a canter smoother than a rocking chair, plays parade horse
in full arabian costume and was my "Queen Contest" horse when we were
commandeered into the Senior Pro rodeo contest.  I would pick this horse
over everything in our herd for general use.  Her limitation for serious
endurance--she is almost too mellow and lacks the competitive drive of
some the pure "hotbloods".  For someone who wants a solid "Horse For All
Seasons" the Arab/Trakehner cross is a good choice.