FEI vs. AERC

Is there only one true religion in the world? Can't we accept the good
points of different species?

What I enjoy about the openness and camaraderie of AERC rides,
multi-days and events like the ROC and Tevis is not the same as what I
get out of FEI type of events. DON'T expect them to be the same or meet
the same needs.

There is a place and function in this world for both of them.  Should we
not try to accept many different aspects of the different religions?
Don't say that AERC or FEI is wrong and needs to change. But why not
accept FEI alongside and as another phase or thing to have available?
Different yet similar. We have many of our leaders involved and poised
to help protect the horse. God knows that all of us agree that if we
abuse the horse in any way in either of our sports that we will be
condemned Worldwide.....SO....let's look at all of this as two sports,
both of which are forwarding our mutual opportunities. It is not one or
nothing. IMO

So many of you out there seem to feel that if we change or offer
anything at all different from what we have been doing in the US or AERC
that it is sacrilege.
Not so if you can remain open minded. There are many subspecies of the
the California Poppy. Should we put "Roundup" on the few that are not
what some of us consider the perfect shade of color?

I DO hope that AERC International and FEI continues to make things
easier and simpler and to allow the "nobody" to compete easily.

Steve Shaw