RC: Stallions

Hello-
	I've just joined ridecamp here and am seeking suggestions/answers
that I have been unable to find in the archives.

Disclaimer/Intro (skip if personal stuff bores you):
	While I am not new to the horse world, I am new to endurance.  I
had hoped to ride my horse in some 25/30 and maybe a few 50 mile rides,
but he has a rare metabolic condition that will prevent us from doing so
for a few years until his system is back in balance. So! Since I have a
year until I graduate from college, I'm taking advantage of the free time
I have and trying out some endurance.  For this, I'm working with a
stallion (TB with definite endurance traits).  So far, no problems.  I've
figured out about yellow ribbons in his tail/halter/briddle/etcetra to
warm people off.  I've read about trail etiquette.  I know how I'll place
him in camp and handle him around others.

Intro to the problem:
	Here's my problem: (I mean, outside of the general you must be
crazy to ride a stallion at a first time event for the both of you):
He IS a stallion - gentle, submissive to humans, respectful - but when he
sees a mare he WILL react.  Oh, he's positively a gentleman about it,
polite and everything, but he loves to sing to his ladies.  I can handle
that, no problems there.

THE PROBLEM:
	But HOW in the world can I possibly get his heartrate down to
recoverable levels in the vet check if there are other horses parading
around??

	This is not a problem that I envision being unique to this fellow,
but to just about any stallion.	 Granted, I might be paranoid, trying to
figure this out ahead of time, but I also have this vision of us
getting stuck at our first vet check forever and a day until there are no
other horses around.

	Is this one of those things that I have to accept and work
with?  Has anyone dealt with this / seen someone else with an ingenious
solution?  Or do you really this isn't not really a problem at all?

Thank you!

Leah
(and Pagan)

Leah K. Peasley ------------------------------------ lkpeasley@ucdavis.edu
"Did you know that if you put a little hat on a snowball it can last a
long time in hell?"          					  -Dilbert