True Fortune

Here is some more info on True Fortune by Wind Fortune out of Hadaya Meketaten
jasmine and topper

Hello. My name is Stephanie Speiser(sspeiser@siu.edu). I manage the Horse
Center and teach riding/training classes at Southern Illinois University at
Carbondale.
True Fortune was donated to us by David and Susan McAdoo of TN. I met
True's dam and sire while I was visiting. David has since told me that
Hadaya Meketan(true's dam) has been sold- and exported. She was/is a
beautiful mare.

True has tested free and clear for SCID. Unfortunately, we have not found a
strong market for Arabians in Southern Illinois. We have bred only a few
warmbloods, draft crosses and purebreds to him. SIUC does have a permit to
ship semen from True, and equine reproduction is our school's specialty! He
does ship well, and has the good Arabian high sperm concentration with good
motility. His stud fee for purebreds is $400

True was donated to us as a 3 year old. He had a little background halter
training done with him, and that was all. Our students "Lyonized" him to
start him under saddle, and he is still ridden by students. Last
spring(breeding season) the student working with him was able to ride him
in a ring FULL of mares(and I mean full, because all we own are mares and
stallions due to breeding specialty). The students also learn to collect
and evaluate semen using True. He is a great "teaching" stallion! He is
very intelligent, kind and willing-although he does have a little harmless
fun if he can! I manage the stallions here, and he is definitely my
favorite stallion to handle(we stand 4 stallions full time- TB,
standardbred, paint, arab, and do lots of outside stallion work). I tell
the students "if I were hanging over a cliff by the bridle reins-I would
want True to be wearing the bridle". This is because you can talk him into
trying anything you ask right! I like a good horse of any breed- and I
appreciate True! He resembles his dam in the head, very typey(he passes his
head to offspring). His neck is long and comes high out of his shoulder.
His body is balenced and short coupled. His pelvis is not tilted-in fact, I
think he would make a competitive reining horse, as he can get his hind
legs underneath his body... He is very responsive/sensitive, both on the
ground and under saddle. I think he wears his heart on his sleeve, he
really wants to please. Most of the time, if I look at him crossly, he
feels sorry. I hope I am not portraying him as a deadhead-he is a beautiful
and spirited Arabian stallion with tons of personality. But he is kind and
honest enough to allow students to make mistakes as they learn to breed and
train, and that is worth all the gold in CA to me. I need to make a video
of him! Enough rambling....
I can be reached at 618-453-1773(office) 618-453-2024(barn).
Thanks! Stephanie