Re: FEI Endurance

In a message dated 8/28/00 10:20:31 AM Pacific Daylight Time,
gabbani@starnet.com.eg writes:

<< But Tom, endurance is a rotten spectator sport. I kept trying to tell
people
 that last may when they wanted to build bleachers so that people could sit
 for hours in the sun to watch some people ride out of the desert. How on
 earth are they going to make an endurance race that can be monitored to an
 Olympic standard and televised without making it as boring as watching paint
 dry? Or maybe it will be like marathon running and you just get a clip of
 the guys staggering into the finish line? I'd think that endurance that
 would be interesting to ride would be pretty hard to watch in terms of the
 logistics of audience.

 Maryanne Stroud Gabbani
 Cairo, Egypt >>

So, too, the Tour de France. So, too, golf. So, too, America's Cup yacht
racing. But each has an audience.

ti