RE: FEI Endurance

But Tom, endurance is a rotten spectator sport. I kept trying to tell people
that last may when they wanted to build bleachers so that people could sit
for hours in the sun to watch some people ride out of the desert. How on
earth are they going to make an endurance race that can be monitored to an
Olympic standard and televised without making it as boring as watching paint
dry? Or maybe it will be like marathon running and you just get a clip of
the guys staggering into the finish line? I'd think that endurance that
would be interesting to ride would be pretty hard to watch in terms of the
logistics of audience.

Maryanne Stroud Gabbani
Cairo, Egypt
gabbani@starnet.com.eg

In a message dated 8/28/00 7:19:11 AM Pacific Daylight Time,