Re: RC: FEI Endurance

In a message dated 8/28/00 7:19:11 AM Pacific Daylight Time,
guest@endurance.net writes:

<<  Endurance is now the fastest growing Equestrian Sport.
 This is bringing many challanges.We cannot afford the luxury of
 putting our head in the sand and wishing for the "old days". Those are gone,
 we now have a sport where people are professional, horses have become
valuable
 and prizemeney is becoming significant. This cannot be reversed.
 The FEI want a strong USA participation in International Endurance, we want
 your help in continuing to grow and develop the sport. But FEI Endurance is
 just that "FEI Endurance" and we have rules that cover the whole world, if
you want to
 participate with us you are more than welcome, if not we will be sorry but
the development
 will continue with or without you. >>

This is what I see, too. Should the sport become an Olympic sport, the change
will accelerate dramatically. It is not logical to expect otherwise. But
then, logic isn't a strong point of this group.

ti