Re: RC: Re: USA Team announcement

I too would not let any one eles ride my horse at an international
competition...unless I knew them personally... the whole idea of endurance
for me is for me and my partner (my horse) do the best we can while enjoying
ourselves.  If someone worked with me and my partner and got to know us, know
his quirps, how he feels...maybe...especially in an international
compatition.... it's not whats best for the team in my eyes, it's whats best
for my horse...after all is is all about our horses.   I also feel the same
way in reverse... I went to a ride in Tx. at Darylon Buttlers... about 10
years ago or so... my mare hurt herself on the trip up from La,... Darylon
very wonderfully offered to loan me her horse, after all that long of a drive
just to turn around and go back home... as tempting as it was...I declined..
it is not about just doing the ride, it's about doing the ride with my
partner, my buddy... its about companionship... I don't know call me fickle
but thats the way I am....Blessings Mona
I also want to interject here that people like Darylon are why I stay in
endurance... she is always willing to help people, anyone, especially the new
riders... she kept me from hosing my horses rump down at my first ride...
people like her who love this sport so much they are willing to answer any
questions... Look at the old endurance news and Trail Blazer Mags... when
theses people are interviewed they will tell you everything... feeding,
shoeing, training, saddle... they just wanted to help everyone so the horses
would stay healthy... they wern't afraid to give away "secerets"  they
welcomed all newcommers... Bless em'  .... When I got out of the show scene
because of the fakeness and came to endurance, I knew I was among real
people...
To all of those and you know who you are... You are the ones not rolling your
eyes at the new commers... willing to stop and give little tid bits of advice
and stop and answer questions even though your tired... your the ones on
ridecamp even though you could delete the simple questions you type out the
answer like it's the most important question youve heard... just alittle
scripture to exort you..."Be not weary of welldoing"  cause there are those
of us who appreceate you! Thank you!