Finishing % at WEC

vetted out from 142 starters, which makes a completion rate of 39.4%.

>Not too bad, especially as the American ridecamp list was quoting only 32
>riders had completed the ride.

****
Just curious but what was the finishing rate in previous WEC rides?
Our on-line db doesn't include these...

I think that while 39.4% is a lot better than the 32/142 first reported -
it's a low completion rate in my view.  These are supposedly the best
horses in the world.

In looking at the riding times - nothing higher than 13:25 shows up
which leads me to believe the normal 24 hour limit was reduced to 17
hours as was implied by the WEC page.

Anyone know for sure?

Mike